Welcome to the 196-222 King’s Road website
View of the scheme from the King’s Road, at the corner of Chelsea Manor Street.
The scheme will feature:
- flexible retail space, including both small and larger shops, on King’s Road and Chelsea Manor Street;
- an improved Waitrose store (we will keep Waitrose open throughout the works);
- a large pub in the same location as the existing pub;
- an independent cinema which, once completed, will see Curzon reinstated to a 600 seat cinema with improved disabled access and customer experience;
- 47 new homes including for affordable and market rent;
- a rooftop bar providing a unique view across Chelsea and beyond;
- high quality office space.
The plans will restore the historic façade of the original
art-deco Gaumont Theatre building, introducing the best of modern design in harmony with the heritage surroundings.
The work will commence during the first week of April 2018 and construction is due to be completed in late 2021, with internal fit-out scheduled for completion in Spring 2022.
Drop in and meet the project team
We will be hosting a drop in session for neighbours to provide an update on the progress of the King’s Road construction programme and what can be expected in the months ahead. Members of the project team will be present to discuss the project and answer any questions you may have.
These will take place at 170 King’s Road, London SW3 5EJ on:
18:00 – 20:00 – Thursday 29 November 2018
10:00 – 12:00 – Saturday 1 December 2018