Welcome to the 196-222 King’s Road website
View of the scheme from the King’s Road, at the corner of Chelsea Manor Street.
The scheme will feature:
- flexible retail space, including both small and larger shops, on King’s Road and Chelsea Manor Street;
- an improved Waitrose store (we will keep Waitrose open throughout the works);
- a large pub in the same location as the existing pub;
- an independent cinema which, once completed, will see Curzon reinstated to a 600 seat cinema with improved disabled access and customer experience;
- 47 new homes including for affordable and market rent;
- a rooftop bar providing a unique view across Chelsea and beyond;
- high quality office space.
The plans will restore the historic façade of the original
art-deco Gaumont Theatre building, introducing the best of modern design in harmony with the heritage surroundings.
The work will commence during the first week of April 2018 and construction is due to be completed in late 2021, with internal fit-out scheduled for completion in Spring 2022.
Drop in and meet the project team
In March 2018 we held a series of drop-in events, which provided the opportunity to meet the project team, find out more about the plans and learn about the construction programme.
If you were unable to attend the event, the materials displayed can be viewed here.